The future of digital governance will affect all of us.
Help us change it for the better.
I want to invite you to participate in a study called ‘Digital Forums for Policy Making’.
This study has been a long-time coming. It has now been approved by my university's Ethics Board. Now comes the most important step: You!
Your voice matters. Our politics should reflect that.
What does the study involve?
- Step 1 is a survey.
- Step 2 is a discussion exercise.
- Step 3 is a feedback questionnaire.
In late January 2024, you and other participants will imagine, discuss, and propose policy during a discussion exercise (Step 2) addressing one of the following 'Challenges':
The three ‘Challenges’
If you need more context for each one, click here and scroll to 'The Challenge' section.
1) How should digital platforms implement a legal ‘due process’?
2) How should digital platforms regulate their users’ speech?
3) How should the democracies tackle low voter turnout among young people?
You and the other participants will discuss proposals pseudonymously, and eventually be asked to vote on a resolution.
Why should you participate?
- Make your voice be heard. We are testing a new system for democratic decision-making that can directly reflect your and other participants' desires.
- Compensation. As this is part of a collaboration with Tela Network, a messaging app for professionals, they can offer you shares.
- Discuss urgent issues. You will be able to address pressing issues with other participants with diverse backgrounds, expertise, and knowledge.
I believe this research can improve the democratic tools of the future.
I believe your voice should be heard.
Thank you, and onwards!
Send me questions about participating in this study to this email account: email@example.com
Send me any other questions and inquiries through my Tela link: tela.app/id/guillermo_pablos_murphy/621afa